Friday 25 November 2011

God and FACEBOOK

You have showed me another side of me.
Another side I never thought I could be.
I wanna change, rearrange.
I know I can be something.
I know (I know, I know) I'm getting better.

You can say what you believe.
Tell me I'm not worth it, maybe I'd agree.
Well i know that it's just stones.
No they wont break my bones.
You can say it all you want.
I love myself today, no matter what you say.
I love myself today, and it feels so good.



There are people who are obviously using their profiles on networking sites to create an image. They are trying to show that they are happening people.

Some are simply irritated by all the drama on the web, I  know people who tweet every 20-30 minutes, and you know exactly when the got up because their first tweet of the day is posted, and then you know what they had for breakfast. A friend mine once tweeted that his relationship with his girl was over, that was even when before she got out of his car.
Breaking up with someone is not a hush-hush thing anymore, and with social networking websites, it's a war of inflated and hurt egos. "A friend, after his break-up started dating a someone else, this got the ex fuming and she too made a new boyfriend. And obviously everyone in the friends circle knew it was as if they were competing to put pictures with their new partners on their profiles.


Well, the verdict is out, time to tone it down a bit guys? Lol…..

I see girls taking constant pics of themselves, making what is quite honestly stupid poses with usually their lips pouted out. Am I the only one who finds this strange and quite honestly retarded?


Many females especially teenage females want attention. So they take pictures of themselves as a way to feel better. But what many teens do is go a step beyond taking photos. They not only take photos of themselves, but they share the photos with other peers, and they post on the internet. Many teen girls do this because they lack self esteem and they are looking for someone to confirm that they are indeed beautiful. Now there is nothing wrong with taking photos of yourself. But the problem only arises when you do it to get attention because you feel badly about yourself and you want someone to affirm you.


The height of self obsession:
An Egyptians blogger Aliaa Magda Elmahdy has become a household name in the middle east. She shared a global uproar after a friend posted a photo of her naked on Twitter. She first posted her pictures on her blog.


Previously god was always on our minds, it used to be mirror of own reflection but today facebook has become the new god, the FACE, the BOOK where everyone wants each moment of its FACE.

No comments: